天天看点

I'm not an impractical woman.我不是那种不切实际的人

作者:泠子英语

视频加载中...

Edie: "Now this place is a real diamond in the rough. Cozy little two-bedroom plus den, with a highly motivated seller."

这个房子可是颗未经雕琢的没钻啊。有两间小卧室加书房,房主又急于出手。

Bree: "Oh, look, a highly motivated cockroach."

又只急于现身的蟑螂。

Edie: "Let's try to be positive, people. Fabulous location. Just walking distance to all sorts of fun shops. "

让我们乐观一点吧,多好的地段啊,步行即可到达各式各样的商店。

Bree: "Right, from here I can see a bail bondsman and an adult bookshop."

对,从这儿我就可以看见一家保释担保行和一家成人书店。

Edie: "What do you expect in your price range? Tara?"

这个价位你还想找什么样的房子?塔拉庄园吗?

Bree: "Let's go. Thank you."

我们走吧,谢谢你。

Gloria: "Wait. I'm not an impractical woman. I know that my son's resources are...like his achievements, rather limited. I want to see the rest of it."

等下。我不是那种不切实际的人。我知道我儿子的财力如何,就像她的能力一样,相当有限。我想去看看其他房间。

Edie: "Okay. Now the lighting in the kitchen is a bit harsh. The previous owner, well, let's just say he ran some sort of home-based medical business."

好的。厨房的灯有点扎眼,因为之前的房主,就这么说吧,他经营一些家庭式医疗生意。

Bree: "You cannot let your mother move into this neighborhood. It's filled with junkies and whores."

你不能让你妈妈住到这里来,这里到处是瘾君子和妓女。

Orson: "And we'll owe them all an apology, but who cares? She likes it."

那我们还得给他们道个歉,谁管这么多啊,她喜欢就行。

Bree: "Of course she likes it. There's a twenty-four-hour liquor store across the street."

她当然喜欢了。街对面就有一个24小时营业的酒屋。

Orson: "She wants a house. This is the best we can afford without bankrupting ourselves."

她想要房子,我们要想不破产,只买得起这样的。

Bree: "Orson, what if something should happen to her?"

奥森,万一她遇到什么意外怎么办?

Orson: "Stop worrying about her. Worry about us. Do you realize how much we've been fighting since she came? The woman's ruined every relationship that's mattered to me, and she's doing it again."

别为她担心了,担心一下我们吧。你记不记得她来了以后我们吵过多少次架了。那女人毁了我的每一段情感,现在又故伎重演了。

Edie: "Oh, my God!

我的天啊。

Bree: "Are you all right?"

你不要紧吧?

Orson: "Oh! Mother?"

妈妈

Edie: "It's just a little spill. Her cane hit a loose tile."

就是滑了一下,她拐杖碰到了一块松了的地砖。

Bree: "Is anything broken?"

有没有摔坏身子?

Gloria: "Well, obviously, the damn floor.

都怪这个破地砖。

Orson: "We'll need that fixed before she moves in."

她搬来之前你们得修好。

Bree: "Are you insane? She obviously can't be on her own."

你疯了吗?她显然不能独自生活。

Orson: "Why, it's a loose tile."

不就是块松了的地砖吗?

Gloria: "I'm perfectly fine."

我毫发未损。

Bree: "And what if you weren't? What if she had broken something and she was lying here for hours? You are coming home with us."

如果你有事呢?万一她哪摔坏了躺在这儿一动不动呢。你得跟我们回家。

Orson: "Bree..."

布里。

Bree: "And I will not hear another word on the subject."

以后我不想再听到这个话题了。

I'm not an impractical woman.我不是那种不切实际的人